General Field Rep U537H (101654)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
To interview applicants for water service, process requests for serviced and respond to customer inquiries regarding their account or service.Key Accountabilities
- Talks with customers by phone or in person and receives orders for installation, turn-on, discontinuance, change in service, or change of address and processes same by computer.
- Completes and mails contract forms, determines charges for service requested, and determines deposits, if any.
- Consistently interviews customers and others by telephone to answer inquiries and complaints pertaining to bills, customer deposits, and accounts using a computer.
- Consistently responds to complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures, such as low pressure or discolored water to designated departments for investigation.
- Consistently determines appropriate sewer, surcharge, PSD, or O&M entities based on geographic data from CIS system.
- Consistently determines from knowledge of distribution system who to dispatch in case of main breaks and other emergency service calls.
- Consistently generates duplicate bills as requested.
- Handles inquiries received by mail, compiling information from customer accounting records for replies written by self and others.
- Consistently interprets company policies related to customer service.
- Follows procedures established by the company for handling customer service inquiries and requests.
- Frequently files records within area of responsibility.
- Consistently completes an acceptable number of customer inquiries per day as established by the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver license required
- DOT Physical required
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)Work Environment
- Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Lifting 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as spiral notebooks.
- Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
- Reaching Handling. Fingering. Feeling. Talking~ Hearing. Seeing are constantly required
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.