Senior Geologist (PG license required)
Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Geologist to join our team in Earth City, Missouri. With environmental projects across the U.S. you will have the opportunity to make a difference in various communities.
Must possess a valid driver's license. Day trips are common and week-long trips typically occur quarterly.
Must be able to pass background checks to obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations. Due to contract requirements, must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
As a Senior Geologist, you will manage field staff for the completion of environmental investigations and remediation projects at federal and private sector client locations. You will work with Leidos Project Managers and Senior Staff, and interface with multiple Leidos offices. Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders are essential to success in this role.
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
- Performing project tasks outlined in project work plans (e.g., Sampling and Analysis Plans, Quality Assurance Plans, Health and Safety Plans) as assigned by Project Managers, including scheduling, coordination and logistics, and deliverables.
- Assisting in drafting of project work plans, specifically in areas related to geology, soil sampling, groundwater monitoring, and monitoring well construction.
- Managing execution of field investigation phases of work, including drilling contractor oversight and installation and development of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Collecting field data and environmental samples (soil, sediment, surface water, groundwater); prepare field logs and records; sample packaging/shipping and chain of custody; and procurement of materials and supplies for field efforts.
- Geologic logging of soil and rock borings, using USCS system.
- Preparing project technical reports, including site geology/hydrogeology summaries, conceptual site models, data tabulations, and visual data presentations (e.g., maps and cross sections).
- Performing work in accordance with Leidos and client Environmental Compliance and Health & Safety programs.
- Coordinating field operations with client facility staff.
- Managing investigation and remediation-derived wastes in accordance with project waste management plans.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, or related field, and at least 5 years' relevant experience, or a Master's degree and at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Registered Geologist in Missouri.
- Experience with standard industry drilling methods (DPT, hollow-stem auger, air rotary, sonic), geologic logging of borings, and installation and decommissioning of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Proficiency in M.S. Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with groundwater modeling software (MODFLOW, MODPATH, Surfer).
You Might Also Have:
- Professional registration in additional states/discipline.
- Prior completion of OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (40-hour HAZWOPER) and current OSHA 8-hour refresher.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.