Leidos is seeking a Accelerator Physicist to join our team out in Albuquerque New Mexico. You will conduct accelerator physics experimentation and testing.
As a part of our team here in Albuquerque, you will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop next generation directed energy systems and experimentation.
- Safely operating a complicated process or facility under formal conduct of operations, such as the operation of a charged-particle accelerator.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electric, electronic, and/or electro-mechanical components of operating systems.
- Operation and troubleshooting of high voltage systems and power modulators.
- Collaborate with the AFRL scientists on experiments to determine the future paths of system design.
- Perform analytic calculations and numerical simulations
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field and 6+ years’ experience OR
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field and one year experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for medical systems is a plus
- Strong background in physics and technology of particle accelerators
- Hand on experience in design, troubleshooting, and safety of high voltage systems
- Practical knowledge in methods of experimental physics, data acquisition and signal processing
- Basic knowledge in power electronics, pulsed power systems, and front-end signal amplification and transmission
- Proven ability to use commercially available software for simulation of physical processes in particle accelerators
- Strong understanding of monitoring, shielding, and safety aspects of work with ionizing radiation
- Experience applying safety principles in laboratory activities
- Experience with electrical, mechanical, pressure, vacuum, or diagnostic systems
- Demonstrated experimental, analytical, and computational skills
- Successfully worked in or leading a technical team
- Preferred Education: M.S. in physics with concentration on accelerator, nuclear, or plasma physics or related disciplines with 1 year of experience
- Preferred Education: PhD strongly preferred in physics with concentration on accelerator, nuclear, or plasma physics or related disciplines will be considered as a higher level job category.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:10/05/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.