Technical Accounting Senior Accountant
The Technical Accounting Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles to prepare and process complex accounting transactions, analyze information, and create financial reports. Additionally, they will be called upon to lead projects as needed.
• Apply knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
• Perform monthly/quarterly/annual close activities including compiling and analyzing financial information, performing calculations, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, and resolving issues as needed.
• Review data for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards/regulations.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision, and work well under pressure.
• Conduct process overviews and submit recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
• Assist other team members with the development and installation of accounting systems, methods, procedures and controls.
• Comply with government regulations and internal controls (e.g., SOX).
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to perform data extraction and manipulation, analyze financial data, and generate reports.
• Ability to analyze variances to budgets/forecasts/accruals, explain to management, and create corrective action plan.
• Demonstrate proficiency in finance and accounting relational databases (Costpoint, Cognos, HFM, Blackline) and Microsoft applications.
• Ability to work with numbers and complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills to oversee and balance multiple work assignments.
• Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP).
• Effective decision making and problem solving.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
• Four years of accounting experience, to include at least one year of required public accounting experience OR two year's of public accounting experience.