Purpose and Scope:
Apply more senior level principles of accounting to ensure the proper and accurate distribution of cost. Follow established accounting practices. May operate in a supervisory capacity. Works with minimum supervision.
1) Prepare monthly and/or semi-monthly invoices utilizing the accounting system required to produce this data.
2) Prepare, research, resolve and enter recurring and reversing journal entries and inter-company voucher transfers.
3) Reconcile all bank accounts to the General Ledger.
4) Prepare audit schedules, reports and other financial data for internal/external auditors and departments.
5) Setup and maintain files within the existing financial software, as well as assist in the testing of financial upgrades.
6) Verify the proper distribution of charges to specific accounts and contracts.
7) Reconcile asset and liability accounts.
8) Maintain and establish accounting job codes.
9) Prepare schedules for DCAA incurred cost submissions and participate in responding to requests.
10) Update and maintain accounts receivable aging schedules.
11) Prepare monthly and yearly journal entries including inter-company voucher transfers.
12) Perform month end and year-end closings.
13) Manage petty cash funds for a specific contract/department.
14) Prepare and file sales and use tax returns and various other State tax returns.
15) Providing training and support to accounting staff members on an as needed basis.
16) Apply learned knowledge of practices and procedures to deal with issues or research problems that require further definition before resolution.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Local candidates will attend on-site training and then will have the flexibility to telecommute.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.