Accountant Junior/ Associate/1
The Accountant Junior-International Enterprise Accounting is responsible for applying accounting principles to assist in the preparation and processing of accounting transactions, preparing schedules to analyze information and
assisting in creating financial reports. The post holder will also perform data entry and administrative support for the department.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
• Apply knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts.
• Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which may include Intercompany billings, preparing journal
entries, assisting in account reconciliations, preparing reports and resolving issues as needed.
• Establish and maintain accurate financial records.
• Prepare foreign vendor withholding tax payable reports.
• Assist in collecting information from program offices or other departments for SEC reporting, external/internal
reporting, and audit request.
• Prepare support for reconciliations.
• Provide administrative and data entry services to the International Enterprise Accounting department.
• Position may be assigned to specific accounting function (e.g., close/process, enterprise analysis,
reporting/support) and may require additional or specific job duties related to assigned function which are not
Title of Direct Report(s): No direct reports
Title of Supervisor: Supervisor - International Enterprise Accounting
Knowledge & Skills
• Basic understanding of accounting principles.
• Demonstrate proficiency in finance and accounting relational databases (Costpoint, Cognos, Blackline) and
• Strong computer skills in Excel and reasonable knowledge in Access.
• Ability to perform data extraction and manipulation and generate reports.
• Ability to work with numbers and complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision.
Experience & Education
• Minimum one (1) year of previous accounting experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.