Special Agent: Accounting/Finance (1617473479)
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: Click on the “Apply” button to be directed to the FBIJobs Careers website.
STEP 2: Click the “Start” button to begin. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue or to register with FBIJobs if you don’t already have an account.
STEP 3: Follow the step-by-step process to submit your interest. You will be guided through each step. You must complete all sections of the form AND ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED to successfully submit your interest.
1. Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates.
2. Other supporting documents:
• College transcripts, if qualifying based on education, or if there is a positive education requirement.
• Veterans: DD 214; Disabled Veterans: DD 214, SF-15 and VA letter dated 1991 or later.
Please see instructions on the site for attaching documents.
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work every day. Many come from professional backgrounds, including finance and accounting, which helps ensure accountability, identify criminal activity, uncover hidden assets and connect the dots to trace transactions to their source. Your diversified financial skills can significantly contribute to all areas of crime solving, from counterintelligence and cybersecurity to organized crime and terrorism.
You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
• $62,556.00 – $80,721.00
Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
• Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
• Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
• Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT); must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
• Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
• Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
• Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
• Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
• Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
• Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
In addition, All Special Agent candidates must successfully complete the Special Agent Selection System (SASS), a mentally and physically challenging process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The selection process typically takes one year or more to complete.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
• Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
• Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
• Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
• Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in Accounting or a related field, such as Business Administration, Finance or Forensic Accounting).
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university and must be verified by submitting college transcripts.