Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
- Reviews and analyzes financial data, documents, and manual or automated accounting systems.
- Scans or inputs voluminous financial data contained in financial documents such as bank statements, credit card statement, investment account statements, checks, deposit tickets, wire transfer reports, ACH reports, debit memos, cash-in tickets, money orders, teller receipts, FedEx invoices, phone record invoices, Western Union, QuickBooks, Excel, flight itinerary documents, SARs, CTRs, Signature Pages, Subpoenas, Paychex journals into financial investigations system software.
- Reconciles statements, prepare queries, charts or reports to be extracted into various outputs such as a .csv file, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Excel and Word or Crystal Reports.
- Upload data to such common software as I2 Analyst Notebook or other database programs such as Access. Proficient in the extraction of reports to use in other software applications to assist U.S. Attorney’s Office/Assistant United States Attorney.
- Prepares pivot tables summarizing the information contained in the Excel spreadsheets.
- Gathers and examines a wide array of financial documents obtained from a variety of sources, including financial statements, accounting records, operating reports, billing records, invoices, data processing material, bank records and other documents pertaining to the transactions, events, or allegations under investigation or in connection with post-judgment Financial Litigation Program asset investigations.
- Uses financial reports and automated systems to review data and transactions
- Assists in the preparation of charts and other materials for trial.
- Must be eligible for a Government Security Clearance
- Two-year degree in accounting or four-year degree in a related field (finance, business, banking, or economics) with 30 credit hours in accounting.
- With the COR's approval, relevant financial and accounting experience performing technical level duties in accounting, banking, or finance for corporations or non-profit organizations may be substituted for the education and credit requirements.
- Knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems used by banking, financial and other institutions required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Applications such as Excel and outlook.
- Some local travel may be required.
- Prior experience working with post-judgments helpful.
- Familiarity with financial aspect of the litigation process helpful.
- Experience in banks and banking highly preferred; relatable experience valued.
This position supports a SCA (Service Contract Act) contract; therefore, the hourly wage is determined by the Department of Labor. This position is classified as a Accounting Clerk III and the hourly wage is $23.71/hr and is eligible for Health and Welfare.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.