Accounting Clerk II-Payroll Clerk
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Accounting Clerk II-Payroll Clerk
Position uses knowledge of double entry bookkeeping in performing one or more of the
following: posting actions to journals, identifying subsidiary accounts affected, making
debit and credit entries, and assigning proper codes. May review computer printouts
against manually maintained journals, detect and correct erroneous postings, and prepare
documents to adjust accounting classifications and other data, or review lists of
transactions rejected by an automated system. In this instance, the Accounting Clerk II will
determine reasons for rejections, and prepare necessary correcting material. On routine
assignments, an employee will select and apply established procedures and techniques.
Detailed instructions are provided for difficult or unusual assignments. Completed work
and methods used, are reviewed for technical accuracy.
2. Edit, check and verify data received for completeness and accuracy, resolve routine
problems and refer questionable cases to supervisor.
3. Prepare source documents for data entry, code accounts appropriately and perform the
data entry function.
4. Check and verify miscellaneous statements and reports against data from originating
5. Accumulate and tabulate control statistics.
6. Interface with vendors for problem resolution.
7. Maintain various master files and listings including periodic transaction statistics.
8. Reconcile specific accounts.
9. Answer phone, take and relay messages.
10. Operate computer and peripheral equipment using standard software.
11. Organize, file and maintain records in an up-to-date condition.
12. Assist in other accounting areas as may be required including Accounts Payable, Payroll,
Job Cost, Contract Billings or Data Processing.
13. Perform the work of lower level Accounting Clerks as required.
14. Maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
a) High School diploma with commercial/general background, and at least 3 years of job
related experience. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of
Microsoft Office; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are
b) Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
c) Must be able to meet and maintain all Logistic Information System (LIS) access
requirements (Common Access Card).
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English and preferably German.
2. Work knowledge of Oracle and Deltek is a plus.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.