Accounting Clerk II
Purpose and Scope:
Perform diversified duties within assigned segment of accounting, working in accordance with established procedures and general supervision. Duties involve knowledge of standard computer software applications.
1) Position uses knowledge of double entry bookkeeping in performing one or more of the following: posting actions to journals, identifying subsidiary accounts affected, making debit and credit entries, and assigning proper codes. May review computer printouts against manually maintained journals, detect and correct erroneous postings, and prepare documents to adjust accounting classifications and other data, or review lists of transactions rejected by an automated system. In this instance, the Accounting Clerk II will determine reasons for rejections, and prepare necessary correcting material. On routine assignments, an employee will select and apply established procedures and techniques. Detailed instructions are provided for difficult or unusual assignments. Completed work and methods used, are reviewed for technical accuracy.
2) Edit, check and verify data received for completeness and accuracy, resolve routine problems and refer questionable cases to supervisor.
3) Prepare source documents for data entry, code accounts appropriately and perform the data entry function.
4) Check and verify miscellaneous statements and reports against data from originating sources.
5) Accumulate and tabulate control statistics.
6) Interface with vendors for problem resolution.
7) Maintain various master files and listings including periodic transaction statistics.
8) Reconcile specific accounts.
9) Answer phone, take and relay messages.
10) Operate computer and peripheral equipment using standard software.
11) Organize, file and maintain records in an up-to-date condition.
12) Assist in other accounting areas as may be required including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Job Cost, Contract Billings or Data Processing.
13) Perform the work of lower level Accounting Clerks as required.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High School diploma with commercial/general background and at least 3 years of job related experience or equivalent. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.