Joint Data Network Operations Watch Officer
Amentum has an opportunity for a Joint Data Network Operations Watch Officer to integrate real-time operational support to USINDOPACOM in Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
You have a strong background in operating Global Command and Control System-Joint (GCCS-J) or equivalent Common Operational Picture (COP) architectures to support exercises and real world operations. In this role, you will provide current and comprehensive situational awareness of friendly and potentially hostile forces operating anywhere in the INDOPACOM Area of Responsibility (AOR).
USINDOPACOM plans, directs, and supervises all aspects of military deployments and operations throughout the AOR in order to deter aggression, advance regional security cooperation, and promote peaceful development in the Asia-Pacific region; and, if necessary, respond to crises.
- Provide accurate and timely information on force posture, force tracking, and threat tracking throughout the theater for operations and exercises.
- Provide technical and operational expertise to maintain the COP and tactical data link (TDL) systems in the J3 Data Fusion Center (DFC).
- Support GCCS-J terminals and other peripheral equipment in support of theater joint track/data coordination in the USINDOPACOM Joint Operations Center (JOC).
- Encompass the management of theater level databases; provide exercise and real-world operations support and facilitate data integration requirements for the USINDOPACOM JOC.
- Utilization of intelligence data and systems including SCI-level access to Intel Link (IL), Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS), and the Joint Deployable Intelligence Support System (JDISS) to incorporate information sourced from real-time operations and real-time intelligence to ensure briefings are complete. When required, these briefings may be at the SCI-level, and the briefing material developed by the contractor will reside on command networks cleared for information up to the SCI level.
- Provide unique insights to both intelligence and operations in order to integrate data, analysis and solution sets. This analysis will be applied to support, streamline, and enable the Commanders situational awareness related to force posture.
- Provide assistance on short timeline responses to specific questions pertaining to INDOPACOM theatre force posture and threats and provide qualitative data to support recommendations.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years work experience s:
- At least 3 years' experience supporting the DoD, including working on an operational watch floor, preferably working or having familiarity with the GCCS and TDL systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in order to provide information, articles, written reports, and presentations to include delivering executive summaries to flag and general officers (FO/GO) and Senior Executive Service (SES) level officials.
- Experience providing regularly scheduled project plans and status reports.
- Demonstrated skill in using integrated software (e.g., MS Office suite and SharePoint).
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have an active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- This position will require shift work possibly over non-standard work hours, nights and week-ends.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience coordinating and managing COP databases; operating GCCS-J COP (or equivalent) architectures to support exercises and real world operations; facilitating the integration of all available sensor data from theater COP correlation sites (CCS) and supplemental data from outside sources; and providing direct interface procedures and architecture reconfiguration.
- Experience providing operational and technical support to Battlespace Situational Awareness information and coordinate data link interfaces with CCS.
- Experience evaluating and integrating emerging COP capabilities and technologies such as friendly force tracking (FFT) and multi-tiered COP.
- At least 3 years' experience working in INDOPACOM specific topics.
- Ability to evaluate and implement any changes to the network as directed by the JICO to meet theater mission requirements.
- Ability to support TDL equipment (LMMT, ADSI, etc.) for the USINDOPACOM Joint Data Network Officer/customer.