Senior Procurement Officer
Amentum is currently searching for a Senior Procurement Officer to work at our Alice Springs JDFPG office. The Senior Procurement Officer is responsible for the purchasing of goods, materials and services within the Contracts and Procurement team for both the OASIS and Vesta programs. The Senior Procurement Officer reports directly to the Procurement Lead .The Senior Procurement Officer provides procurement expertise and make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment. This position partners with stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organisational and business objectives whilst ensuring compliance with Policies, Procedures and general guidelines. As a strong communicator, the Senior Procurement Officer will be able to effectively liaise with a range of stakeholders to provide advice and support as well as demonstrating sound subject matter knowledge. The Senior Procurement Officer will contribute ideas to improve quality and efficiency and provide guidance to less experienced employees.
- Respond to procurement priorities with timely solutions in coordination with requestors and stakeholders and in compliance with Procurement Policies and Procedures. - Conduct Requests for Quotes (RFQ) for vendors to competitively acquire goods, materials, and services. -Approve and issue purchase orders within the scope of assigned Delegation of Authority (DOA). -Review purchase requests for accuracy and completeness to ensure efficient and compliant procurement of goods, materials, and services.
- Solicit, collect, and review compliance documentation from vendors to ensure full compliance with Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Liaise with Logistics and requesting groups to resolve discrepancies in deliveries associated with price and part numbers.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable and Finance personnel to ensure effective flow of information that will enable timely and correct payment of invoices.
- Actively monitor and manage the administration and closure POs.
- Ensure compliance with all site’s environmental health and safety requirments.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
-Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant area such as procurement, purchasing or contracting.
-Demonstrated experience and competence in purchasing.
-Working knowledge of and familiarity with the US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
-Excellent communication skills.
-Working knowledge of SAP.
-Knowledge and understanding of security requirements as they apply to the procurement process.
-Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
-Demonstrated ability to take initiative, accept challenges, and be self-directed toward successfully accomplishing task objectives.
-Demonstrated capacity for personal and professional growth and a willingness to expand competencies and knowledge.
-Sound recordkeeping and administrative abilities.
-Demonstrated commitment and understanding of the need for confidentiality and discretion.
-Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
-Ability to adapt to change and contribute to continuous improvement.
-Positive outlook and willingness to collaborate with others to achieve business outcomes.
-Demonstrated customer focus.
-Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the principles of workplace diversity and equity, and EH&S. -Current Drivers license