Administrative Support Specialist - Facilities Maintenance
Reports directly to the Facilities Maintenance Manager, functioning in an administrative capacity overseeing various department reporting requirements and support assignments.
- Performs data entry of material and services purchase requisitions for all Utilities functional areas. Tracks all purchases and reconciles deliveries, resolves any discrepancies.
- Consolidates and prepares various department production, usage, quality reports for review by the Facilities Maintenance Manager. Prepares correspondence required to accompany reports and responses.
- Monitors cost spend plans against actual spending to assure available funding for department purchases.
- Assists Facilities Maintenance Shop Leads interface with Work Control office to facilitate smooth workflow of shop repair work orders.
- Consolidates and prepares monthly & quarterly performance reports, deliverables and key performance indicators for review by the Facilities Maintenance, Public Works and Base Operations Managers.
- Acts as the Facilities Maintenance Department Training Coordinator, facilitating training requirements needed for all personnel.
- Acts as the Facilities Maintenance Department and Public Works division hurricane coordinator during drills, preparedness, shelter and evacuation activities.
- Coordinates vendor visits, arranges shipping, badging, housing and travel activities for outside contractors in support of Facilities Maintenance as needed.
- Coordinates the Public Works vendor escort program – maintains escort training log, escort scheduling & assignment and coordinates time charge coding.
- Assists department personnel with timesheet entries.
- Assists as a security escort in support of vendor efforts in restricted areas as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Requires at least three (3) years in an administrative capacity or office support activity.
- Requires advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent coordination and organizational skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in a multi-cultural work environment desired.
- Works well under pressure of deadlines, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or prior experience in a facilities construction or maintenance repair field helpful.
- Valid driver’s license and US passport is required.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.