Access Control Officer
Amentum has an opportunity for an Access Control Officer that has an active Top Secret/SCI clearance to join our team in Springfield, VA location.
- Issues and tracks visitor badges by utilizing various computer systems to verify visitor identification, clearances and visit authorization documentation.
- Greets visitors with an expert level of customer service and professionalism.
- Communicates effectively with management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors and visitors alike.
- Assists interagency visitors with badge readers and direct visitors to proper destinations.
- Directs visitors (including foreign nationals and foreign government officials) and employees to their destinations on a daily basis.
- Provides escort duties as needed when there is an immediate client need.
- Maintains access control procedures for restricted facility by ensuring positive personnel identification.
- Supports the submission of required reports and deliverables in accordance with Client requirements on weekly/monthly basis.
- Provides support to after hour functions, as directed.
- Responds professionally and courteously to all personnel calls, emails and messages in a timely manner.
- Provides proactive thinking and problem-solving abilities to resolve and prevent future issues.
- Wears appropriate work attire which may include a company provided dress uniform.
- Perform all other security related duties as assigned or requested.
- A minimum of a HS diploma or GED.
- Ability to work overtime, and varying hours/a rotating 8-hour shift schedule to provide the necessary 24/7 coverage. Evening, weekend and holiday hours are possible.
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as strong interpersonal skills are necessary to provide needed instruction to onsite visitors.
- Must be Customer Service - Orientated, self-motivated, detail-oriented, dedicated and well-organized.
- Must be a US Citizen, and possess and maintain a fully adjudicated Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Familiar with SCI and security processes and procedures
- Knowledge of DISS (formerly JPAS), Scattered Castles is helpful
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.