Legal Administrative Specialist
Amentum has multiple opportunities for Legal Administrative Specialists to join our team on our Federal Government contract in Winchester, VA
In this role, you will support our customer’s mission to help maintain transparency in our government, by providing administrative support for incoming Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOI/PA) requests and declassification reviews. Transparency in our government is not only essential for government accountability but is also integral to our country’s democracy. Through this work, you provide citizens with easier access to government information. However, while an open and transparent government is essential to our work, Legal Administrative Specialists are also responsible for safeguarding information that may cause harm if released.
All Legal Administrative Specialists attend an on-site, paid, six-week training course which will equip you with the skills needed to be successful in this role.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to search, collect, and analyze responsive documents for incoming FOI/PA requests and maintain information regarding the documents in a database.
- Complete and deliver files ready for FOI/PA processing, while maintaining control of classified documents.
- Search government databases for background information and conduct record searches on requested information.
- Research, review, analyze and interpret all responsive information.
- Compile, prepare and report findings from available relevant information to the customers within established guidelines, legal constraints and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain performance to ensure the delivery of timely, high quality work, consistent with customer specifications, while handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work independently as part of an integrated team and display high self-motivation and integrity.
- Have the ability to maintain an exceptional level of organization and time management skills
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Must have a current, active Top Secret security clearance that is verifiable in JPAS or be able to obtain and maintain one
- Must successfully complete a computer-based assessment on typing skills with a score of 90% accuracy and 11 WPM
- Must successfully complete a 4-6 week training course once you are onboard and successfully pass the test at the end of the course.
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience. Years of experience can be substituted for education. Separating or former military personnel with related experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experience processing and conducting declassification reviews, FOI/PA requests, National Name Checks requested by a federal agency or general Records and Information Management desired but not required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills required:
- MS Office Suite proficiency.
- Must be able to learn new systems and applications.
- Must be able to create graphs and charts and draft technical and administrative documents.
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects office equipment; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to Lift up to 15 lbs, bend, reach, carry, stoop, kneel, climb, etc.
- This position is generally sedentary and is performed in an open office environment with a large personal desk space
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.