Administrative Assistant II
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- Work in close proximity to an ammunition demilitarization facility.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours to include shift work.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Performs routine to advanced administrative tasks in support of the daily operations of the department.
- Collects, reviews, and analyzes data and prepares reports, charts, updates budget forecasting and other presentation materials for senior contract and government officials.
- Communicates and collaborates with senior managers for department data collection processes that provides to overall contract performance tracking.
- Attends conferences and meetings and provides contract reporting materials in presentation formats to include Powerpoint, Webinars, Teams Meetings, etc.
- Using computer system, prepares professional business communication documents including presentations, reports, memos, letters, and emails.
- Organizes and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, etc.
- Assists with a variety of scheduled and unscheduled projects specific to assigned department/program.
- Organizes, maintains scheduling integration, and organizes meetings and conferences for senior contract business unit and government officials.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- May be required to assist/support other departments as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must maintain a high degree of professionalism in all situations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid State driver’s license.
- Must also be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of government security clearance as well as a clearance through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and be favorably vetted through the NCIC III System.
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Hawthorne Army Depot (HWAD) site access.
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment.
- Must be able to operate a computerized based terminal.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any HWAD Emergency Alarms, contingency and/or emergency requirement.
- Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness in a safe manner.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all certifications as required by the Master Training Plan.
- Requires 3-5 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Requires operating application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs
- Must possess strong knowledge of business communication, including style and format of letters and reports.
- Strong typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of contract deliverables, to include ability to work with senior levels of management with tracking actions from start to completion.
- Ability to operate office machinery such as fax and copier machines.
- Must be able to work independently with good decision-making skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees and customers
This position is designated as non-safety sensitive position and is subject to the requirements of the HWAD Medical Surveillance Plan and Matrix and the HWAD A&D Program. As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, urinalysis testing, respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by the Hawthorne Army Depot Commander and HWAD O&M contract requirements.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.