Senior Administrative and Management Support
Acts as a liaison with other directorates/divisions/departments and sometimes outside agencies for the SES’s. Answers large volumes of incoming phone calls, often from senior individuals; screens these calls, as required. Coordinates calendar and schedules, sometimes for various individuals. Transcribes dictation into finished format or create a wide variety of documents (often complex) such as reports, letters, memoranda, interoffice communications, confidential reports, spreadsheets, presentations that require expert knowledge of several software programs; often composes first drafts of these documents, as required. Maintain databases of complex and confidential departmental information, as required. Collects, coordinates, and reviews briefs and correspondence external to the division for conformity to DoD policies and regulations. This entails minor editing, reviewing, and oversight of these briefs, as required. Collects and disseminates office policies ensuring established standards and procedures are followed. Reviews and analyzes incoming memorandums, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and prepare them for distribution. Analyzes administrative and operational functions; reviews policies and procedures systems for efficiency; implements appropriate changes and system improvements based on the analysis and reviews completed, when required. Collects and coordinates already developed materials and briefs from the Government and compiles this information into a final product for the Quarterly Business Newsletter. This entails minor editing, reviewing, and oversight of the newsletter, when required. Capable of explaining DoD, DCSA and internal office operational policies, procedures, and requirements referring to a variety of sources utilizing superior oral and written communication skills. Assess the impact of implementation of new and amended laws, Executive Orders, DoD policy documents and requirements, or other entities as necessary to ensure senior leaders are aware of potential issues or changes.
- Records and file management
- Employee in- and out-processing
- Assist in managing DOD, DCSA, and local office policies and programs.
- Correspondence drafting and routing
- Travel planning (Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Conference room coordination
- Office equipment and supply inventory maintenance
- Government timecard program (DAI) management
- Receipt and routing of office mail/correspondence
- Management of task management (CATMS) or Task Management Tracker (TMT) systems- Ensures that senior leaders are informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports and Agency Task Management system taskers. Summarizes information from these reports and taskers and identifies trends in these reports and taskers for the senior leaders.
- Assist in execution of office training program.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required.
- Personnel shall have a bachelor’s degree (at a minimum) and 3 years of relevant senior administrative and management support experience relating to the requirements of Task 3. (Substitution of a bachelor’s degree is allowable if the personnel have ten years of related work experience in addition to the three years of experience required for this category. For the substitution to be allowable, a total of 8 years of experience would be required to meet the minimum requirements for this category.)
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as a good command of the English language.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with the Defense Travel System and timekeeping management programs a plus.
- DCSA and DoD work experience
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.