Air Cargo Specialist
The Air Cargo Specialist will be based at the Baghdad Diplomatic Support Center (BDSC) in Iraq and serve the Baghdad Life Support Services (BLISS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. The Air Cargo Specialist will be responsible for utilizing resources to accomplish operational requirements and will report to the Air Cargo Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Build/breakdown pallets, prepare rolling stock for shipment, inspect and weigh cargo.
- Load/unload military and commercial aircraft.
- Operate material handling equipment such as K-Loaders, All-terrain forklifts and hand equipment.
- Performs day-to-day activities of assigned department functional areas, following production standards.
- Assists in the coordination of logistical support to perform functions of the job; adhering to policies, and procedures necessary to provide support in all areas of airfield operations.
- Assists the Air Operations Supervisor in accomplishing short- and long-term departmental goals.
- Follows airfield safety procedures, fostering a safe environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- Four (4) years’ experience with cargo operations. Military experience or equivalent training in Transportation required.
- Must have a strong knowledge of air cargo operations and the technical phases of the job. Must be proficient in preparation of the required documents and marking/placarding of Air Cargo.
- Experience using GATES (Global Air Transportation Execution System), GDSS (G2) AF Form 4080 and ICODES (Integrated Deployment Computerized System).
- Experience in ATOC (Air Terminal Operations Center) functions and capabilities
- Load planning, HAZMAT, and JI experience with certification.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights up to 65 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
Education: A high school diploma or GED.
Passport, Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid drivers’ license and licensing on required materials handling equipment.
- Must be able to obtain and hold an airfield access badge and licenses for MHE Equipment.
- Hazmat certifications for air cargo in accordance with AFMAN 24-604 or equivalent training outlined in Title 49 CFR Part 12 Subpart H Training, International Air Transport Association (IATA), Dangerous goods Regulations or ICAO, Technical Instructions training may also be used. Training must include function specific duties related to military air transportation.
- As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
- Must be able to obtain a favorable Secret Clearance prior to being hired. Must maintain eligibility for the duration of the contract.
Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Experience working with PAE.
- Department of State experience.
- Previous out of home country experience and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions are a plus.
- Experience with GATES and ICODES, load planning and Joint Inspector experience from the military.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
- Experience providing excellent customer services.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 12 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.