Amentum is seeking an advanced-level Fleet Mechanic to join our 1st shift Operations & Maintenance team in Mossville, IL!
- Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday 7am – 3:30pm hours may vary based on business demand.
The Fleet Mechanic ensures all appropriate mechanical operations, standards, controls, and specifications, are maintained at a high level of quality. Must have the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair the following systems: electrical, mechanical, drive train, and hydraulic.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair fleet equipment.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of fleet vehicles, including but not limited to forklifts, aerial lifts, golf carts, UTV’s, heavy duty equipment and trucks, light duty trucks and cars of all U.S. automaker models.
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Respond and provide service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Safely perform functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operate various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide efficient solutions.
- Operate a variety of equipment such as hand tools, power tools, heavy equipment, vehicles, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience in mechanical and electrical repair in a fleet maintenance environment or demonstrated equivalent of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license
Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required.
Must use a personal computer to communicate and transact all parts orders and work orders using Amentum’s CMMS system.
Must have experience with Preventative Maintenance programs and processes and with a Safety Program that utilizes Lockout/Tagout.
Must be a self-motivated, self-managed individual.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s Degree in automotive / diesel technology.
- Auto mechanic certificate.
- Previous experience troubleshooting and repairing electric and diesel powered forklifts and aerial lifts, DC vehicle electrical circuits, and powered vehicle related hydraulic systems.
- Experience operating a PC using Word and Excel.
- Ability to operate a lift truck, skid steer, wheel loader, aerial lift.
- Possess or have the ability to acquire a commercial driver’s license within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematic’s