Amentum is seeking skilled HVAC-R Technician to join our team to support construction projects CONUS / OCONUS locations.
Our company is interested in finding tradesmen with strong work ethics, dependable, willing to work nights, teamwork attitude, self-driven, and willing to take direction.
- Demolish existing A/C split units, recover existing freon, demolish line sets, demolish existing ductwork, and supports per contract drawings
- Install new ductwork, supports, and balance system per contract drawings,
- Install, pull vacuum, connect control wiring, test, and put in operation new AC split units
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools and testing equipment
- Work from ladders and roofs to install line sets, supports and ductwork
- Work with crew members when activities require additional manpower outside of HVAC-R trade.
- Handle all projects/work related to refridgeration.
- Read project specifications, engineering drawings, shop drawings, and schematics.
Ensure work is completed in conformance with building and safety codes. At Amentum, we strive on excellence, quality, and safety. We encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe questioning attitude is a spark for innovation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- High school diploma / GED
- At least 5 years of experience in HVAC/AC trade/ Journeyman
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as moving and lifting (max 50#)
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Top-Secret clearance
- Previous overseas experience
- Journeyman or Refrigeration Certification