**THIS POSITION IS IN A REMOTE LOCATION**
Provide heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning services. This includes installs, servicing, repairing, and diagnosing environmental-control systems, all while utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout. Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications. Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts using portable metalwork tools and welding equipment. Installs and connects evaporative units and air conditioners, motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans. Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switched, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units. Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Works with minimal supervision and guidance, responding to service calls within the allowable time frame.
- Participation in Quality Control and Safety Program.
- Must adhere to the Lockout/Tagout program.
- Perform daily checks on company provided vehicle.
- Able to decipher and repair electrical problems.
- Working from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in electrical system or HVAC equipment.
- Calibrates timers, thermostats, and adjusts contact points.
- Cleans and washes parts using wire brush, buffer, and solvent to remove carbon, grease and dust.
- Replaces worn or defective parts such as switches, pumps, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, blowers, and defective wiring.
- Replaces electrical receptacles, wire switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Installs, services, repairs, and diagnoses environmental-control systems in residences and facilities.
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platforms or floor.
- Will install, repair and service air conditioners, boilers, furnaces, and air handler units.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is primarily performed outside at construction sites in all weather conditions. Work is also performed in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience in commercial and residential HVAC, acquired through HVAC Technical School.
- Must have a Universal EPA Certificate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to listen with comprehension to assist customers with problems.
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions, ability to follow written and verbal instructions, ability to be punctual.
- Must have patience to work under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance; must be a US citizen.