AGE Mechanic Lead
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
AGE Mechanic Lead
Purpose and Scope:
Supervises, trains AGE technicians, and performs inspections, maintenance and servicing, and storage of assigned AGE. Maintains and inspects hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and fuel systems to include turbine, diesel, and gasoline engine driven AGE. Responsible for the day-to-day AGE shop operations and communicates with the AGE Superintendent to assure work priorities are met. Accomplishes work in accordance with USAF technical data. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Primary supervisor to train AGE mechanics and perform periodic inspection, maintenance, and repair actions on assigned AGE assets.
- Stocks, maintains, and requisitions parts, tools, and supplies to perform required work on assets.
- Prepares AGE/FLSE and other equipment for exercises or actual deployments.
- Responds to enquiries concerning storage and status of assigned equipment.
- Utilizes testing of diagnostic equipment while troubleshooting hydraulic, electrical, fuel and pneumatic systems and components for serviceability.
- Prepares and completes documentation including work orders, US Air Force supply and forms, updates historical data and coordinates actions required with work orders.
- Directs maintenance by maintenance action sheets, US Air Force technical orders and directives.
- Develops standards for subordinates, implements the precept of quality assurance within the guidelines of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Standard (QMS), ensures that all work is completed to quality standards and provides employees with feedback on their progress.
- Orients new personnel to work crews, plans work assignments and establishes work methods.
- Conducts on-the-job training for AGE mechanics on assigned AGE/FLSE, safety, material safety data sheets, security awareness and other subjects. Prepares and updates training records.
- Prepares and inspects assets and equipment for shipment by air, sea and surface transportation.
- Performs servicing and maintenance of in-use assets and returns equipment to mission capable.
- Prepares and submits quality/material deficiency reports and technical order changes as required.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Inspects hazardous materials within the assigned work center and coordinates the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Ensures all tools, personnel protective equipment, facilities, and clothing issued remain safe, secure, and serviceable, reporting any deficiencies.
- Ensures that the work area is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Attends AGE staff meetings as required.
- Prepares personnel performance reports as assigned.
- Performs TDY within the area of operations as required by the US Air Force tasking.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school certificate.
- Minimum of four (4) to six (6) years actual and recent maintenance experience required.
- Must be familiar with most types and uses of AGE equipment.
- Must have an electrical/mechanical background.
- Must be familiar with diesel engine maintenance and repair, and HVAC maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Forklift experience required.
Contract Requirements in accordance with Appendix J:
- Completed training on AGE maintenance from military technical school or an accredited technical school/college/university
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.