AGE Mechanic Lead
Purpose and Scope:
Supervises, trains Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) technicians, and performs inspections, maintenance and servicing, and storage of assigned AGE. Maintains and inspects hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and fuel systems to include turbine, diesel, and gasoline engine driven AGE. Responsible for the day-to-day AGE shop operations and communicates with the AGE Functional Manager and Site Manager to assure work priorities are met. Accomplishes work in accordance with USAF technical data. Ensures compliance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Primary supervisor to train AGE mechanics and perform periodic inspection, maintenance, and repair actions on assigned AGE assets.
- Stocks, maintains, and requisitions parts, tools, and supplies to perform required work on assets.
- Prepares AGE/FLSE and other equipment for exercises or actual deployments.
- Responds to enquiries concerning storage and status of assigned equipment.
- Utilizes testing of diagnostic equipment while troubleshooting hydraulic, electrical, fuel and pneumatic systems and components for serviceability.
- Prepares and completes documentation including work orders, US Air Force supply and forms, updates historical data and coordinates actions required with work orders.
- Directs maintenance by maintenance action sheets, US Air Force technical orders and directives.
- Develops standards for subordinates, implements the precept of quality assurance within the guidelines of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Standard (QMS), ensures that all work is completed to quality standards and provides employees with feedback on their progress.
- Orients new personnel to work crews, plans work assignments and establishes work methods.
- Conducts on-the-job training for AGE mechanics on assigned AGE/FLSE, safety, material safety data sheets, security awareness and other subjects.
- Prepares and updates training records.
- Prepares and inspects assets and equipment for shipment by air, sea and surface transportation.
- Performs servicing and maintenance of in-use assets and returns equipment to mission capable.
- Prepares and submits quality/material deficiency reports and technical order changes as required.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Inspects hazardous materials within the assigned work center and coordinates the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Ensures all tools, personnel protective equipment, facilities, and clothing issued remain safe, secure, and serviceable, reporting any deficiencies.
- Ensures that the work area is maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Performs TDY within the area of operations as required by the US Air Force tasking.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school certificate.
- Minimum of four (4) to six (6) years actual and recent maintenance experience required.
- Must be familiar with most types and uses of AGE equipment.
- Must have an electrical/mechanical background.
- Must be familiar with diesel engine maintenance and repair, and HVAC maintenance and repair.
- Forklift experience required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must be a EU resident and/or authorized to work in Germany
Contract Requirements in accordance with Appendix J:
- Completed training on AGE maintenance from military technical school or an accredited technical school/college/university
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated, and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance, and taste or smell. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud or unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues. Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed. Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.