Vehicle Mechanic - Must be authorized to work in EU
Purpose and Scope:
The Vehicle Mechanic will diagnose, analyze, and troubleshoot vehicle malfunctions and repair problems.
- Maintaining and repairing company or government vehicles.
- Completing maintenance tickets and repair orders in a timely manner.
- Dispose of waste materials per regulations and policies/procedures.
- Stay abreast of latest technology and installation procedures
- Inspects diagnoses and isolates vehicle and equipment malfunctions; troubleshoots, traces, and locates defects and/or causes of mechanical problems to determine type and extent of necessary repairs.
- Repairs all assigned vehicles and equipment to ensure they are safe and dependable
- Repairs lighting systems, sirens, wheel bearings, radiators, heating and air-conditioning systems, springs, hydraulic systems, catalytic converters, and fuel pumps
- Utilizes on-board computer diagnostic systems and other test equipment in order to test automotive computer control and emission systems; assesses and analyzes malfunctions of machinery using microcomputers, calipers, gauges, and other equipment.
- Interacts with customers to keep them informed of status of vehicles, repairs needed, etc.
- Inspects and tests equipment for mechanical defects and replaces worn parts.
- Removes, replaces, adjusts, or cleans defective parts or components
- Flushes radiators and replaces anti-freeze solutions.
- Perform oil changes, check fluids, diagnose tread wear, replace batteries and trouble-shoot problems. Performs engine tune-ups.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques and procedures in accordance with manufacturer's specification in armoring vehicles as directed.
- Repairs automotive locks
- Based on assignment independently installs new vehicle equipment, such as radios, sirens, wire cages, lights, etc.
- Identifies necessary parts, equipment and supplies needed to complete repair or preventative check.
- Estimates cost and labor time for corrective repairs.
- Responds to emergency road calls for disabled vehicles and makes minor adjustments or has the vehicle towed for back for repairs.
- Road tests vehicles during and occasionally upon completion of maintenance/repair work.
- Responds to emails and telephone calls.
- Ensures the necessary provision of vehicles, and support for customers.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- Work is performed in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated, and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance, and taste or smell.
- Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma, technical school, apprenticeship, trade school graduate or equivalent required.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in the problem diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of a wide variety of light, medium, heavy and/or specialized automotive equipment, other heavy equipment, and vehicles.
- Ability to research and understand technical data, wiring, vacuum, air and hydraulic diagrams associated with the vehicle maintenance field.
- Knowledge of the operating systems used in motor vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of the practices and tools used in the maintenance and diagnostics of vehicles and equipment.
- Knowledge of computer, electrical, transistorized, and other non-mechanical systems and how they tie-in with and affect the operation of mechanical systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard tools, equipment, test procedures and practices used in the repair and preventative maintenance of vehicles.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and related malfunctions.
- Ability to read technical manuals, references, and specifications.
- Ability to write routine correspondences, maintenance logs and order forms.
- Ability to operate a forklift, power tools, wrenches, diagnostic equipment, and jacks.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule multiple tasks.
- The preferred candidate would have a valid work & residency permit to work in Germany, or be a national of the European Union / European Economic Area.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.