MRAP C41 Technician
The MRAP C4I Technician is responsible for maintenance of the MRAP C41 systems installed in the MRAP vehicles. This includes following the C4I Supervisor's directives on managing access and security to equipment, accounting for all computer hardware, radios, installed electronics and any other removable electronic equipment, and providing technical expertise on hardware, software and user issues. Stays up to date on maintenance of all electronics upgrades as directed by the USAF. Carries out all duties in accordance with ISO 9001 Quality and Safety Standards.
- Troubleshoot/diagnose/repair MRAP's complete C4I electronic systems, encompassing Tactical Communication (TACOM), Intelligence, Reconnaissance, Surveillance, & Navigation (IRSN), and Counter Radio Frequency Warfare (CREW) Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Defeat Systems.
- Follow procedures for, plans and schedules C4I preventative maintenance based on manufacturer recommendations and environmental variance in the ME. Provide recommendations for revision to the C4I Supervisor as indicated by usage historical data or as directed by the manufacturer or customer.
- Follow recon inspection and repair procedures provided by the MRAP C4I Supervisor and provide recommendations for revisions as indicated by usage historical data or directed by the manufacturer or customer.
- Alert the C4I Supervisor to any changes in coverage of parts required for mid-level repairs to electronic equipment, radios and other C4I equipment including mounting brackets.
- Ensure security, limited access and safe storage of C4I equipment and any pilferable MRAP items.
- Performs inventory/serial number checks as required for accountability of all electronic equipment.
- Prepares and inspects vehicles and equipment for shipment by air/sea/surface transportation.
- Coordinate with Supply to ensure secure and limited access to POS for C4I equipment.
- Coordinate with the C4I Supervisor to receive in-house C4I Technician training and refresher/upgrade training, including practical training, as required.
- Monitor Vehicle Mechanics work near sensitive electronic equipment and provide over the shoulder training as required to ensure safety and security.
- Attend upgrade training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the MRAP Vehicle C4I System Supervisor.
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard software and peripherals, and a strong working knowledge of PCs, network and communications systems required.
- Ability to innovate and exercise sound judgment in defining and resolving complex and difficult tasks.
- Minimum of 2 years field experience as a C4I Senior Electronics Technician and/or Supervisor required.
- US Secret Security Clearance required.
- Must be able to work out of doors for extended period.
- Must be able to work in maintenance shop environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- High School Diploma.
- Must have a Valid US Driver's license.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred.