Amentum is seeking a Building Automation Technician to join our 1st shift operations & maintenance team in Peoria, Illinois
- Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday 6:00 to 2:30, hours may vary based on business demand.
This position requires an understanding of HVAC, electrical, mechanical maintenance concepts, building automation, networking, a great attitude, and the willingness to learn technical skills in an industrial, office, production, manufacturing, and testing environment.
The BAS Technician 3 is responsible for assisting higher level technicians and the BAS Supervisor in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the buildings and facilities equipment, and all systems.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing a variety of preventive and corrective maintenance. This position will require the ability to troubleshoot and repair, HVAC, metering, UPS systems, and all aspects of Building Automation Controls system.
- Assists with machine tool Preventative Maintenance activities assigned to them.
- Assists the team by performing repairs, modifications, on buildings and facilities equipment, and systems.
- Performs basic troubleshooting, maintenance and minor repair of all aspects of building automation system, metering, network switches, and UPS systems.
- Performs basic repairs to BAS controls
- Performs basic machine tool equipment troubleshooting.
- Operates aerial and platform lifts.
- Reads and understands schematics, diagrams, and specifications.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of Lock Out Tag Out practices and procedures.
- Operates a PC with Microsoft Office Suite programs and all building automation software packages.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience maintaining buildings, facilities, or equipment a large commercial or industrial environment as related to Building Automation Systems, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or a related program.
- Basic PLC experience, including troubleshooting and making program changes with wide array of Building Automation Systems or related experience
- Basic Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems
- Ability to understand attention to detail, follow step by step procedures.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.