Armament Technician (GmbH)
This is a European Union or US National Local Hire Position in Germany. As such the employee will be subject to paying German taxes and be part of the German work force with all the benefits of Host Nation employment and social system. This position is not approved for relocation allowances.
Purpose: The Armament Technician inspects and repairs all Army Prepositioned Stocks (APS-2), heavy weapon systems including tank cannon, artillery, M242 and mortars. Determines serviceability of weapons, sub-assemblies, and parts. Diagnoses and determines remedies for failures commonly encountered in the repair of systems using a variety of diagnostic techniques and TMDE with little or no supervision. Mounts and dismounts turret and vehicle mounted weapons as required. Safely uses common hand tools and shop equipment effectively without assistance. May instruct other employees in proper repair maintenance procedures. May be required to maintain accurate, computer-based records. Required to conduct and/or receive cross training as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Determines serviceability of weapons, sub-assemblies, and parts.
- Diagnoses and determines remedies for failures commonly encountered in the repair of systems using a variety of diagnostic techniques and TMDE with little or no supervision.
- Mounts and dismounts turret and vehicle mounted weapons as required.
- Safely uses common hand tools and shop equipment effectively without assistance.
- May instruct other employees in proper repair maintenance procedures. May be required to maintain accurate, computer-based records.
- Required to conduct and/or receive cross training as directed.
- Maintains a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the Amentum Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Instills a safety-first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Performs other duties are assigned.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in
compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Experience: 2 years’ experience in military small arms and heavy ordnance repair required.
Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces/turrets as required.
- Must be able to perform Borescopes and Recoils on M109s, Howitzers and M1 Abrahams Tanks.
- Experienced in using the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) Unique Logistics
- Support Applications (TULSA) and Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW)
- Must be able to meet and maintain all Logistic Information System (LIS) access requirements (Common Access Card).
- Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
- Must have a valid European Driver’s License, Class B Driver’s License
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to mount and dismount weapons systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Disclaimer: This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required
- Military experience preferred.
- US Army MOS 45K, USMC 2111
- Experienced in the using the Army War Reserve Deployment System (AWRDS) and GCSS-Army Preferred
- The preferred candidate would have a valid work & residency permit to work in Germany or be a national of the European Union / European Economic Area.
- This position is not approved for relocation allowances.