RPA Avionics Technician I / Deployment Pool (K)
Employee will be part of the Deployment Pool and will be required to support deployments to various CONUS/OCONUS locations, as required. This position will require the member to be flexible in the support of assigned deployment/work schedules. Member will perform and inspect organizational and intermediate level electronic maintenance and modifications on RPA systems and support equipment, as required. Lastly, this position requires an individual that can apply basic technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting Air Force technical orders, manufacturers’ manuals/instructions or similar documents through the usage of test equipment/instruments to affect repairs.
USAF equivalent position is Avionics Technician Apprentice.
- Applies basic technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that affect operational and maintenance capabilities.
- Requires a basic understanding of the interrelationships of circuits and associated systems.
- Exercises independent judgment in performing assigned tasks in conjunction with designated direction from Production Staff, Avionic Leads, Avionics/Com Technician IIIs, or Avionics Technician IIs.
- Uses common and complex test instruments in the performance of assigned duties.
- Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices.
- Applies basic technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining malfunctions and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Performs all other duties as assigned as requested.
- Must have High School Diploma, or have completed relevant military and/or vocational technical school curriculum
- Minimum of one year of actual Aircraft Avionics and/or GCS maintenance experience required
- Must have basic knowledge of basic and complex electronics maintenance and repair
- Must have basic knowledge of RFF systems, components, and accessories
- Must possess general understanding of technical publications related to Aircraft electronics maintenance
- Must know basic theory and principles of operation of engines, accessories and components, theory of flight and electronic flight controls, and have a thorough understanding of electrical and electronic principles
- Must be capable of using and reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, and data tables
- Must be eligible to gain and maintain one of the following IAT Level II certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, Security+ CE, SSCP, or GSEC, IAW DOD 8570.01-M commensurate with the assigned duties within 90 days of hire or after the second deployment
- Must be able to inspect and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment
- Must achieve a passing grade in all required courses/certifications for continued employment, as needed
- Employee must meet all OCONUS deployment criteria, to include pre-deployment medical screening, as a condition of employment
- Must be able to lift, carry and/or wear Military Issued Equipment in excess of 50 pounds for extended periods
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship upon hire
- Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date
- Must have current DoD Secret Security Clearance and be able to maintain a DoD security clearance commensurate with the assigned duties during employment
- Must have current/active State Issued Driver’s License
- Must have valid U.S. Passport with a minimum of one year remaining with at least two facing pairs (four total) of blank Visa pages
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated with booster. Accommodations may be available under limited circumstances.
- Associate’s degree in a relevant career field
- Current IAT Level II Certification
- RPA Deployment experience
- Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
- MQ-9 experience as an Avionics Technician
- Avionics Technician experience within the last 10 years
- Highly desired to have a U.S. Passport valid for an additional two years with at least two facing pairs (four total) of blank Visa pages