Fabrication Technician - HCN/OCN
Purpose and Scope:
Maintains packs and inventories prefabricated modular metal soft wall / hard wall structures, wooden, masonry and associated equipment. Performs sheet metal skin repairs to shelter equipment and fabricates repairs to components of shelter and utility systems. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Company ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Repairs, inspects, fabricates, cleans, operates, maintains, corrosion controls, and reconstitutes BEAR order of Battle (BOB) assets/equipment in accordance with Maintenance Action Sheets, Technical Orders, Manuals, Checklists, Regulations, Maintenance Action Sheets, and Unit Type Code (UTC) Configuration listings.
- Performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs on ferrous and non-ferrous metal prefabricated shelter structures to include the assembly and dismantling of shelters.
- Implements sheet metal repair schemes to container internal and external skins. Orders, and fits replacement structural components.
- Performs repair tasks including the fabrication of patches, minor panel beating, and filling, the replacement of riveted nuts, cam locks and hi-lock rivets and nut plates.
Prepares and completes documentation including Work Orders, USAF Supply, and Company forms and updates Maximo.
- Prepares assets/equipment for air/sea/road haul shipments IAW Technical Orders, Manuals, Checklist, Regulations, Maintenance Action Sheets and UTC Configuration listings.
Performs servicing and/or maintenance of in-use assets as required.
- Repairs, inspects, cleans, operates, and maintain contingency plumbing facilities such as Laundry, Kitchen, Latrines and Showers.
- Fabricates and repairs wooden storage and shipping containers and supports related trades in all aspects pertaining to sheet metal and carpentry requirements.
- May be required to assist in other departments when directed or requested to accomplish a specific task or project.
- Performs other skilled or unskilled jobs as directed by the Supervisor, and/or as directed by Company/ USAF tasking.
- Performs Temporary Duty (TDY) in the Area of Operations as required by USAF/Company tasking.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Ensures all tools, personnel protective equipment and clothing issued remain safe, secure, and serviceable, reporting any deficiencies.
- Conforms to Company/USAF safety, hazardous materials, and quality standards.
- Assists in the erection, construction and operation of BEAR shelter systems and associated equipment to support real world exercises and contingencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Works in maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs. and performing extensive work handling/lifting equipment.
Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must have organizational skills and be able to understand, speak, read, and write English at a beginner level.
- Must be able to read and understand technical data, measurements and engineering drawings for construction, repair of portable building facilities and operating instructions pertaining to Civil Engineering and BOB assets and related equipment or similar Department of Defense Agencies Contingency Systems preferred.
- Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Maximo experience preferred.
- 5 years of Military or civilian experience in the field of structural/facilities maintenance preferred.
- Hands-on experience with BOB assets or similar Department of Defense Agencies Contingency Systems preferred.