SATCOM Technician - (Ramstein, Germany)
Under general supervision, the SATCOM Technician, sets up, packs-up, configures, operates and maintains Satellite Terminals (fixed and tactical) along with associated assemblies and provides technical assistance and training to users for the UASOCS program.
- Installs equipment according to manufacturer's specifications
- Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools
- Converses with customer, co-workers or supervisor on equipment configuration and provides instruction on operation of equipment
- Consults with Unit co-workers to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance
- May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements
- Assists in preparation of reports, correspondence or technical studies
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in both an office/shop environment as well as at erected satellite dish structures. Climbing ladders or towers and working 10-15 feet above ground is routine. Must be able to lift up to 30lbs frequently and up to 70lbs infrequently. Duties require intermittent standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, and crawling over a prolonged period of time (up to 10 hours). Requires constant use of eyesight, hearing and hand-eye coordination. Must be able to push/pull materials up to 100lbs. Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Must possess an active DoD security clearance for hire and be able to obtain/maintain DoD Top Secret security clearance once hired (US citizenship required - no dual citizenship).
- Must be able to achieve and maintain Germany Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA) with a Bachelors Degree and 3 yrs relative experience OR Associates degree or major certification and 7 years relative experience OR High School diploma and 11 years relative experience,augmented by ongoing academic/technical/military training and/or certification programs specific to the work unit hardware/software tools.
- Possess minimum of 4 - 5 years experience in SATCOM Maintenance, with 1 year in a DoD operational C4ISR program preferred.
- Possess basic knowledge of electronics and hands-on troubleshooting.
- Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and volt meters.
- Knowledge in Air Force Supply System and Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS) is preferred.
- Possess Comp TIA Security+ Certification.
- Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures and perform troubleshooting.
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and ability to effectively communicate such knowledge verbally and in writing.
- Must possess a current state issued drivers license.
- Position may require travel.
- Prior experience in a Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) working environment
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance