Biomedical Equipment Technician
The Biomedical Equipment Technician provides maintenance services on all medical equipment to include receipt, preventive maintenance, repair, calibration, inventory control, and approved modification. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Receives medical equipment. Inspects and documents equipment identification data for Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) entry. Utilizes specific testing equipment to ensure proper operational characteristics are maintained. Labels equipment with appropriate numerical tags. Enters all pertinent documentation information into the DMLSS system.
- Performs preventive maintenance on medical equipment. Adheres to specific manufacturer guidelines for testing when applicable. Utilizes various pieces of diagnostic test equipment to ensure proper operational and safety requirements are maintained. Documents testing procedure results on Work Order.
- Calibrates medical equipment. Follows manufacturer calibration procedures. Employs required test and measurement equipment to ensure equipment is functioning within required parameters. Records test results on Work Order.
- Repairs medical equipment. Analyzes and troubleshoots equipment malfunctions utilizing electronic schematics, diagnostic testing equipment, and manufacturer's technical literature. Identifies faulty circuits, systems and parts.
- Orders, receives, and replaces faulty components in order to return medical equipment to full operating potential.
- Prepares and completes all required documentation including Work Orders, historic documentation, and required correspondence. Enters required informational data into the DMLSS system and files corresponding documentation in historical folder.
- Operates and updates Medical Equipment Maintenance Technical Library. Ensures that a copy of technical literature is included in the library for all equipment on which maintenance is performed.
- Inspects all maintenance actions, to include repairs, preventive maintenance, calibrations, and modifications for completeness as part of ISO 9001 quality control program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Knowledge of physiology, electronics, mechanical systems, optics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and radiation principles as applicable to biomedical equipment support systems; use and interpretation of national safety and accreditation standards, schematics, wiring diagrams, and USAF publications regarding medical equipment; equipment systems application in medicine and medical safety practices is mandatory.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Four years experience as a biomedical technician required.
- Graduate of Army/USAF Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Course or possession of certification by accredited biomedical agency required.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must have a current U.S. Passport.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.