Telecommunications Inside/Outside Plant Technician
Amentum is currently seeking a Telecommunications Inside/Outside Plant Technician to support an IT Managed Services program in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
You will be a part of a team providing IT infrastructure supporting modern telecommunications systems for data, telephone, wireless LAN, RF Microwave, and encryption capabilities to the end user with emphasis on securing and protecting the client’s information, by maintaining standardization. In this role, you will provide building-to-building cabling (outside plant) and internal-building cabling (inside Plant) support for both a copper and fiber infrastructure.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Review incoming IT Cabling requests and resolve cable outages.
- Perform troubleshooting on both copper and fiber optic cable and resolve all intermittent issues in systems.
- Perform tests and validate all cooper and fiber installations.
- Perform accurate cable termination for all patch panels.
- Administer telecommunication cabling architecture for all buildings and cable troughs and distribution frames.
- Perform cable pulls.
- Perform tests and certify fiber optic and cabling system.
- U.S. Citizenship required; must not possess dual citizenship with any other country other than the United States.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree and 2 years of experience OR High School Diploma / GED and 5 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Must be familiar with RUS standards.
- Experience in terminating and testing of fiber optic fusion splicing.
- Knowledge of cable located procedures.
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Proficiency with PC based programs such as Microsoft applications.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to be a team player.
- BICSI Technician Certification.
- Experience with field engineering and project lead responsibility.
- In-depth understanding of technology based services, products and networking.