Automated Guided Vehicle Technician
Amentum is seeking an Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) Technician for our maintenance team in Vance, AL
- Typical work hours are 6:00am – 2:30pm with rotating days off; hours may vary based on business demand.
This industrial maintenance technician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in performing preventive and corrective maintenance activities associated with the AGVs and AGV charging stations in a large industrial environment.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs AGV, charging stations, and control systems.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance actions as outlined by the AGV manufacturer.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains AGV control systems.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and automation issues.
- Performs all aspects of preventive and corrective electrical / mechanical maintenance on all AGVs and charging stations, etc. as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Identifies and corrects any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Promotes and adheres to Amentum Safety Structure.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer
High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
Three years of experience performing electrical or mechanical maintenance on AGVs or industrial process / production equipment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot AGVs and AGV support systems such as drives, control systems, communication systems, gearboxes, charging units, and monitor fleet management software and other supervisory systems.
Must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair PLC controlled equipment, AC and DC drives.
Demonstrates advanced knowledge in performing failure mode analysis and root cause analysis.
Demonstrates attention to detail, good comprehensive and analytical skills, and excellent organizational skills.
Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress. Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Electrical, or related program.
- Advanced PLC experience, including troubleshooting and making program changes, with Siemens S7-300, Allen Bradley, PLC-5, 500, and/or RS-5000.
- Experience working with mechanical systems.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing drive systems, motors, gearboxes, power transmission components, and supervisory control systems.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.