CNC Machine Repair Technician II
Amentum, is seeking a 1st shift CNC Machine Repair Technician II at GE Durham Aircraft Engine Assembly!
Enjoy working in clean, year round climate controlled buildings where Safety is the top priority!
- Typical work hours are 6:30 AM – 2:30 PM; hours may vary based on business demand.
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility machine tool equipment in an industrial environment.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment up to 480 volt 3 phase and machine tools such as grinders, lathes, mills, etc.
- Maintains, improves, and participates in developing control systems, programming ladder logic / PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens, FANUC, GE, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and PLC-5) and HMI.
Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of production equipment.
- Utilizes strong electrical and mechanical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Identifies and corrects any safety-related issues and performs independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag-out procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Performs preventive maintenance on industrial electrical control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs electrical equipment, such as area personal fans, thermostats for gas and electric heaters, reset of buss bars and disconnects, etc
- Troubleshooting of electrical components such as, but not limited to PLC’s, AC & DC drives, relay logic, single loop controllers, pneumatics & hydraulics.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
Electrical system components - MCC’s, inverters, motors, etc.
- Differentiates between cause types when troubleshooting among product, process, mechanical, and electrical contributors.
- Reads and interprets mechanical and electrical schematics/prints, updating electrical prints/schematics assigned for modification.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Two years of experience maintaining buildings, facilities, or equipment a large commercial or industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization, must be authorized to work in the US
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s degree in industrial electrical or a related field.
- Experience working safely with 480V 3 phase circuits.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial lighting systems.
- Experience making repairs on rubber production or similar equipment.
- Experience installing conduit.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electric motors and motor controls.
- Experience troubleshooting PLC logic.
- Experience troubleshooting VFD’s.
- Experience working with a PC-based work order opening, closing and time reporting system.