Integrated E-Waste Program Technician
This individual will have a critical role as part of the Solid Waste & Recycling Program. They will support our high-tech industrial Client’s strategic objectives.
The ideal individual for this position will demonstrate a proven background in general program management and financial practices and help facilitate and influence zero waste principles and waste recovery markets. Outstanding organization, logistics, conflict management, teamwork and customer relationship management skills are critical to plan and execute multi-site initiatives.
- Ensures execution of office electronic waste cabinet, battery, and pre-production systems e-waste collection programs
- Effectively manage work orders for on demand work orders and planned events
- Plan & coordinate events at multiple sites. Responsibilities include managing site specific logistics and coordination with the site, facility operations, business units, service providers (including third party vendors), and EHS contacts as necessary.
- Procure and maintain necessary inventory of supplies and equipment e.g. Gaylord boxes, plastic wrap, pallets, etc, for collection and shipping of materials collected.
- Coordinate and arrange for the shipping and delivery (by others) of waste to final vendor.
- Assist in the development of program training and training of support staff and vendors.
- Apply measurement systems to monitor and assess progress towards achieving established goals.
- Oversee preparation and analysis of reports and data collection activities
- Responsible for the accurate collection, compilation and reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual performance initiatives including budget and forecast.
- Conduct and evaluate program effectiveness through survey, auditing, and data collection activities.
- Designs and assists with communications material, graphics, and data visualization. Plans and develops questionnaires and evaluations of methodology.
- Provides customer service, answer questions, resolve complaints or issues, respond to external organizations’ surveys, etc.
- Develops financial reports and monitors spends including the budget preparation
- Effectively manage vendors to meet contractual compliance
- Understand and implement performance improvement processes
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- 5 years of experience of managing budgets, invoices, and ability to analysis data trends
- Experience working in Microsoft Teams to develop, document, train, and implement plans
- Must be detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation & presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Computer proficiency using spreadsheets, databases, and online data processing applications
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-functional, geographically disperse team
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects, priorities and accountable to multiple stakeholders
- Can effectively manage multiple tasks and have the ability to drive solutions
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service and stakeholder engagement
- Relevant experience in managing teams and program or project initiatives
- Proven track record to effectively manage competing priorities that include multiple requests and customer demands while achieving the business goal.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Familiarity with facilities equipment descriptors such as HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Experience working in purchasing or subcontracting in a manufacturing, maintenance, or a related service field.
- Experience with CMMS.
- Experience overseeing storeroom operations.
- Experience streamlining and improving inventory practices.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.