Toolroom Coordinator and Inventory Technician III
Amentum is seeking a 1st shift Toolroom Coordinator and Inventory Technician 3 to support our manufacturing maintenance team with project coordination and tracking in the Lafayette, IN area.
· Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30am - 3:00pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
· This position requires experience with a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and the ability to form and sustain efficient, positive working relationships with all levels of the organization.
· Provide support to Engine Assembly programs by investigating tooling request and providing initial evaluation of proposed corrective actions.
· Provide drawings and work orders for the repair or modification of assembly tooling to maintenance shop or outside vendors.
· Work with outside sources to obtain quotes for the manufacture of new tools.
· Write purchase orders for new and replacement tooling as well as other materials needed in the assembly process.
The Toolroom Coordinator Technician performs purchasing, receiving and inventory control tasks, including
· Responsible for scheduling & tracking toolroom priorities and vendor subcontractor activities. Initiates Maximo work orders.
· Procure materials, commercial items, and track delivery. Initiate Maximo purchase orders.
· Interface with vendors, secure funding, cost estimates, and work with onsite sourcing.
· Manage cost, billing, charge numbers, and tracking of all jobs using Maximo.
· Coordinate repairs, interface with shop floor personnel, and communicate status as needed.
· Manage inventory for special tooling, and spare parts for tools and equipment, coordinate & track shipment of items sent out for repair.
· Responsible for uncrating tooling and equipment, setup, some assembly, and delivery to shop floor working with Assembly & Test engineering and shop floor technicians.
· Focal for packaging tooling for shipment to other shops and outside vendors, working with Tooling Coordinator.
· Provide setup assistance to Assembly & Test engineering for load test certification.
· Responsible for marking requirements in compliance with new finance guidelines on tooling as required working with Assembly & Test engineering.
· Assist with tooling and equipment movement within the shop in support of maintenance, calibration, trial, and toolroom activity.
· Assist with packaging and shipment of calibration lab gauges working with local calibration lab.
· Other support including warehousing, storage, and retrieval of tooling, parts, and equipment.
· Effectively communicating with the site management team, work station owners, and all customers to resolve systems/operations issues.
· Safely performing functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
· Operating various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
· Maintaining a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
· Ability to be flexible in tool, spare parts, and critical inventory management as needed.
- Prior warehouse, tool crib, or parts crib experience.
- Experience with Material Handling Systems, Work Order / CMMS Systems, Hazardous Materials Systems, and/or crib systems.
- Experience operating forklifts, or willingness to be trained at facility.
- Technical certification or specialized training preferred.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
May be required to work holidays and weekends