Amentum is seeking a Controls Technician for our operations and maintenance team in Fairless Hills, PA.
As the Controls Technician, you will monitor and respond to alarm conditions across the site with direction from the Control Room Operator (CRO). Monitoring includes, but is not limited to the central chiller plant, support systems and numerous validated/non-validated building management system alarm conditions that exist through EBI Honeywell, Siemens, TVC Central Utilities Plant, Siemens Desigo, Edstrom Watchdog, PCCM POD, and lighting alarms.
In addition to monitoring and alarm response, you will be responsible for:
- Minor maintenance ranging from providing a first response to notifying technicians after hours should repairs go beyond the CRA’s capabilities.
- Performing building equipment rounds, recording data, and correcting operating equipment deviations.
- Performing tours of all mechanical spaces to ensure an “eyes and ears” practice and allowing for minor problems to be identified and CMMS documented before they become costly.
- Acting as first responder to alarm conditions, including escalation, when needed.
- Monitoring of Building Management Systems (BMS) to ensure space conditions are in accordance with scientific requirements.
- Reviewing all planned and communicated shutdowns daily to ensure real time preparedness.
- Performing other duties assigned by Management or Lead.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of technical experience in any skilled trade including operating and maintaining chilled water systems in a large commercial or industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and or experience.
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
Some physical requirements include:
- Regularly lift to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb ladders, steps, and scaffolding.
- Repetitive motions: bend, stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach, and wrist movement.
- Walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Work at an accelerated pace in emergency conditions.
- Ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment.
- Technical degree.
- Experience working with heavy industrial or manufacturing plant steam systems, centrifugal chillers, air handling units, cooling towers, air compressors, air dryers, heat exchangers, exhaust systems, pneumatic controls, and building automation control systems.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS); EAMS experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills