Power Production Technician
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Power Production Technician
Amentum is seeking a Power Production Technician for a position located at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar supporting the Air Force. The Power Production Technician will be performing corrective operations, maintenance, repair and any other duties as assigned to ensure the safe operation of electrical power production and distribution to various base facilities and refueling support services. This includes diesel generators, gas generators, light cars, automatic transfer panels, and prime power generator. Duties will be performed IAW technical orders and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) while adhering to all applicable codes and regulations IAW with international, US, Air Force and PWS criteria.
The Power Production Technician will prepare outage reports for all outages and for communicating of requirements, testing, outages, with Program leadership and perform any other duties as assigned by the Program leadership team.
The Power Production Technician shall be available within 2 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel to discuss problem areas.
- A minimum of three years (3) previous experience at a US Air Force Military Installation with similar mission/project in scope and nature.
- Must have knowledge of principles of electronics and electricity including generation, conversion, transformation, distribution, and utilization.
- Previous work experience in an austere OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid US or local driver's license and US passport.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain CENTOM contract medical requirements for duration of deployment
- Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Journeyman level certification or equivalent military training
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.