Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The MSEM Technician inspects, maintains, and services assigned non-powered Munitions Materiel Handling Equipment (MMHE). Uses IMDS, DPAS, and MC2 as part of routine duties in accordance with applicable technical standards. Depending on operational tempo may at times be required to participate as part of the work force conducting explosives operations. Operates Theater Integrated Combat Munitions System (TICMS).
- Understands and consistently observes applicable AFOSH and security standards during all maintenance operations in assigned site and TDY locations.
- Ensures pre-task safety crew briefings are accomplished before the start of any operation.
- Takes necessary control and timely response actions during emergency events.
- Safely operates diversified test, handling and towing equipment.
- Understands and perform basic inventory standards to account for all resources.
- Performs the assigned maintenance workload in accordance with established technical and QMS directives.
- Maintains all assigned equipment to maximum, serviceable standards in accordance with USAF technical data, including corrosion control, to meet minimum critical levels at all times.
- Repairs/fabricates MMHE containers in accordance with military specifications.
- Uses required technical data and completes the documentation in accordance with T.O.00-5-2 and 00-20 Series.
- Documents equipment records IAW T.O. 00-20-1; processes appropriate transactions in IMDS, DPAS and/or Munitions Information System (MIS).
- Prepare and configures MMHE for air, sea, and surface transportation.
- Submits timely and accurate completion of all serviceability records.
- Store tools, replacement bench and operational stock.
- Inspects and performs minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment.
- Maintains shelf-life items (lubricants, paint, etc.) to include availability of MSDS for assets.
- Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Ensures all WRM MHE assets are fully serviceable in accordance with technical standards when work orders closed.
- Works necessary hours, to include stand-by duties, to support mission requirements during peacetime and combat contingencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of the USAF Supply and Tech Order systems or US service equivalent.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must not have been convicted of a Domestic Violence charge (Lautenberg Amendment compliance).
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must have normal color perception and depth of vision.
- Must have a U.S. Passport.
- Preferred a minimum of four years of experience with Military Munitions.
- Preferred a minimum of two years of combined experience with USAF MMHE.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.