Video Teleconference Technician I
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Video Teleconference Technician I
The period of performance will be 1 April thru 31 October: Relocation will not be offered.
Amentum is seeking a Video Teleconference Technician I to support a position for JPARC in the vicinity of Eielson AFB (Alaska) Configure, troubleshoot, and support VTC across multiple DoD agencies. The Video Teleconference (VTC) Technician works as part of a team providing VTC, integration, and engineering support while working closely with the customer. Essential duties and tasks include:
- Facilitate meeting setup.
- Troubleshoot and analyze VTC infrastructure
- Preform and update VTC standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Perform routine maintenance on VTC infrastructure
- Provide input into VTC life cycle planning, demonstration, testing and evaluation, and technical documentation
- Configure, troubleshoot, and support (VTC) across multiple DoD agencies.
- Collect mission data and real time/post mission target assessment utilizing the Weapons Impact Scoring System. Provide live feedback to aircrews via radio as required
- Assemble mission data (audio/video) segments with text and special effects overlays as required using in-house timeline video editing software (Sony/Adobe)
- Track all open tickets using a trouble ticketing system IMMS. Ensure client support tickets are resolved to customer satisfaction.
- Driving a company vehicle may occasionally be required
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Possess 4 years of experience with preparing technical documentation used for operation, configuration, and testing of VTC and analog/digital Video systems
- Perform real time conference scheduling and connectivity for globally dedicated communication line videoconferencing networks
- Possess knowledge of DoD policies and procedures with regard to the installation, configuration, and management of UC systems on a DoD network
- Ability to provide technical and operational guidance for DoD customers in establishing and operating videoconferencing systems
- Ability to thrive in a high OPTEMPO environment and handle myriad requirements on a daily basis
- Additional duties include
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and be able to work directly with the customer
- Candidate must be PC literate and should have experience in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of a valid state issued driver's license and insurance
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative with limited supervision
- Local candidates. Relocation will not be offered
- An Associate's degree in Electronic Technology preferred
Possess and maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.