POD Technician I
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
POD Technician I
The period of performance will be 1 April thru 31 October: Relocation will not be offered.
Amentum is seeking a POD Technician 1 Provide Electronic Technician mission support of Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI)/Air Combat Training Systems (ACTS) pod uploads and downloads on various military aircraft operating in the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC) or in other
- Provide Pod support for various U.S. military and Foreign aircraft
- Perform operational and sustainment support to include: installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, constructing and testing of various types of electronic equipment and components following detailed instructions
- Provide practical application of technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles and skills to fix equipment to original required operational condition
- Plan, organize and direct day to day pod loads when assigned
- Provide pod ID and aircraft data lineups to Red Flag ACMI Operations no later than 1 hour prior to first takeoff
- Update RAMPOD and the Red Flag Database for each pod in accordance with (IAW) applicable procedures as directed
- Transport and load various types of pods as directed
- Repair pods in IAW applicable technical manuals
- Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology preferred,
- OR High School diploma and graduated from a 2-year technical school,
- Or equivalent military technical training with 2 years’ related experience at the Journeyman level.
- Employee must possess fundamental knowledge of electronics and basic computer skills
- Possess high level of familiarity with common test equipment such as digital multi-meters, signal generators and oscilloscopes
- Possess familiarity with and have maintenance skills for various test and training instrumentation pods, including MOKKITS, P4BEV2 and P5CTS pods
- Flexibility in work hours will be necessary to support mission scheduling, with extended hours occasionally required
- An Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology preferred
- Experience and/or assignments in a Pod Shop are desired
- Local candidates. Relocation will not be offered.
May be required to obtain and maintain a US DoD Security Clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.