Airfield Lighting Technician - Qatar
- Repair, maintain, install and modernize airfield lighting systems.
- Locate and determine electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
- Repair malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning and repairing motors.
- Test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions.
- Install underground wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Inspect circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with SOW to the Section Lead.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Section Lead.
- Be available within 4 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel to discuss problem areas.
- Must have at least three (3) years previous experience at a US Air Force Military Installation with similar mission/project in scope and nature.
- Must have electrical skills, including, but not limited to; plan reading, layout, various conduit bending, and wire pulling.
- Requires proficiency with the use of power tools.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical principles pertaining to power generation.
- Requires previous work experience in an austere OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and current passport.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security Clearance and maintain it for the duration of the contract.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass CENTCOM medical requirements and maintain requirements for duration of deployment.
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- Airfield Runway/Runway Lighting Experience.
- Underground Experience.
- Journeyman or Master electrician license through any U.S. state.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.