ARCI Sonar Technician
Amentum is a premier global government and private-sector partner whose experience, passion and purpose drive mission success. Join the team that is providing program management, acquisition, engineering, technical, financial configuration management, logistics, strategic planning and international program support to Program Executive Office (PEO) Submarines including the Navy's two highest-priority ACAT I programs: VIRGINIA Class Submarine and COLUMBIA Class Submarine. Work with us to support the Navy in developing, integrating, and deploying new hardware and software technologies across 5 submarine platforms.
Amentum is seeking a talented and driven ARCI Sonar Technician with multi-platform Submarine ARCI experience to support our SPAWAR contract in Groton, CT.
What you'll do:
- Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions
- Assist in training others in the operation and performance of systems
- Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at company and client sites
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures
- Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical manuals, troubleshooting procedures, drawing updates, operating procedures, maintainability improvements, and test reports
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory
- Perform test and evaluation, check-out, certification tasks
- Perform validations/verifications of various electronic systems
- Plan and coordinate work of other engineering technicians and related positions
- Review Engineering Change Proposals for equipment impacts
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements
- Support engineers in the development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work
- Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise
- Must have an Active Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to maintain an Active Secret US Government Clearance
- Navy "C" School or vocational/technical training beyond high school
- 5 or more years of job-related experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software
- Ability to travel, as required
- Candidates knowledgeable across multiple submarine platforms and SWFTS systems are preferred
- Qualified Advanced SONAR operator
Service Contract Act (SCA) Compensation & Benefits:
This is an hourly, overtime-eligible position that falls under the Service Contract Act (SCA). In accordance with the Health and Welfare provisions of the SCA, and in addition to your base hourly rate, you may be eligible to receive an additional health and welfare payment for each hour you work to ensure compliance with the minimums set forth by the act. The amount you are entitled to receive will vary depending upon the fringe benefits you select now and in the future.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.