HVAC/R Technician II
Amentum is seeking an industrial HVAC/R Technician II to join our 1st shift facility operations & maintenance team in Greenville, SC!
Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00p.m.; hours may vary based on business demand. Weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation. This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules. Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
The HVAC/R Technician II is responsible for providing a level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC-related equipment in an industrial environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, performing preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment. Diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial environment.
Requires the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V. Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical circuits ranging from 24VAC/DC and up including lighting and load centers. Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required.
The HVAC/R Technician II also responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on hot and cold calls while utilizing Automated Building Controls training. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent. One-Two years of experience as an HVAC maintenance technician in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience. EPA Type 1 certification. Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note U.S. Citizen is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Associate degree or technical school diploma in industrial electrical, industrial mechanical, HVAC, or a related skilled trade. Experience working with electrical voltage up to 480V 3 phase. Experience troubleshooting and repairing Variable Frequency Drives. Experience repairing and installing sheet metal as related to air handling systems. Experience performing preventive and corrective maintenance on industrial equipment. Experience reading prints and schematics. Experience with Restaurant style refrigeration systems.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.