Power Production Technician
Power Production Technician is responsible for the operation, maintenance and inspection of power production plants.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Monitor and operate control boards to regulate power plants.
- Operate and maintain diesel generating units.
- Operate and maintain auxiliary equipment.
- Inspect equipment for malfunctions.
- Analyzes water samples and adds chemicals as required.
- Oils, greases and adjusts machinery and equipment and makes minor repairs.
- Make periodic inspections to see that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition.
- Maintain consumption and production records.
- Reports defects and recommends improvements, alterations and repairs.
- Maintains inventory lists and requisitions supplies, materials and repair parts.
- Clean floors, windows, tools and power plant equipment.
- Assist in training lower-level power plant operators and others.
- Perform related work appropriate to the classification as assigned.
- Keep records of fuel used, power production, and general operating conditions.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of document and report writing.
- Technical understanding of power plant operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Knowledge of lockout and tag out procedures.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking, and understanding English.
- International driver’s license and capability to obtain a USAF flight line driver’s license.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license.
Experience & Education
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in power plant operation including one year equivalent to a Power Plant Operator or a combination of equivalent education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities of a power plant operator.
- Shall be qualified as Power Production journeyman or master technicians with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and operation of commercial grade generators ranging in size from 5 to 2500 kilowatts is not required but strongly desired.
- Must be a US citizen.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions for moderate periods of time.
- Able to lift at least 30 to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.