Light Vehicle Technician I
- Inspects, services and repairs light vehicles and equipment according to schedule.
- Uses diagnostic procedures and test equipment to identify and correct equipment faults.
- Maintains detailed and accurate records on inspections completed and work performed.
- Operates shop equipment including welders, compressors, presses and wheel alignment equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and service.
- Operates recovery vehicle and performs recovery functions, sometimes outdoors in extreme environmental conditions.
- Performs quality work in a timely manner and accurately records that work.
- Complies with all Environmental Safety and Health and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates and Licenses:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in vehicle maintenance and repair.
Expected Skills and Competencies:
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Two years training at a technical school is preferred.
- Car dealership experience on a broad range of vehicles, specifically Ford, is preferred.
- Previous experience with remote polar operations is preferred.
- ASE certifications, and dealership certifications a plus.
Physical and/or Other Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods
- Successful completion of Medical and Dental examinations required by the NSF for deployment to Antarctica
- Successful completion of drug screening and background check required by employer
- Successful completion of Federal Background Check required by the NSF
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum as required by the position.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors in extreme cold as required by the position.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts & safety objectives.
- Valid Driver’s License issued in the United States
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.