IT Help Desk Technician
IT Help Desk Technician
Amentum is currently seeking an IT Help Desk Technician based in Fort Gillem, GA
May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install, operate, maintain, and trouble-shoot computers, displays, and lab equipment in support of the CONUS and OCONUS labs. All work on computer systems shall be to maintain the systems within local and DoD policies.
- Assist the government in the cleanup and sanitation of computers systems if infected with viruses or classifications spills.
- Perform all necessary modifications to computer systems, such that they conform to local and DoD configuration policies for both software versions and hardware components.
- Maintain appropriate certifications to work on Government systems.
- Provide technical support for establishment, test, upgrade, and operational support of systems, networks, workstations, and support equipment hardware and software.
- Assist in information systems design, development, interim operations and maintenance, information technology architecture, IT planning, and statistical analysis support. This includes Information Technology (IT) support requirements for distributed computing, programming, information systems, enterprise management, security management, security requirements, networks and microcomputer technology, including hardware repair and maintenance, software support, and operation, local
- Coordinate with the Government, other Contractors, and vendors to ensure maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting are performed on the systems and subsystems.
- Coordinate or perform installation/de-installation, in-service support, modifications, integration, and preventive/corrective maintenance of systems and subsystems. This could include obtaining specialized training & technical certifications as directed for specialized systems and subsystems.
- Three (3) years of experience which includes one (1) year of experience in the implementation and troubleshooting of computer components and networking hardware. It is desired that this experience also includes installing, operating, and maintaining computer processors, displays, and input/output devices and associated hardware interfaces.
- Experience in writing technical documentation related to one or more of the above work areas.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must hold a current DoD 8140 Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification required to work on Government IT systems. Security + CE is the desired IAT Level II certification.
- A+ Certification is desired.
- Able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top-Secret security clearance Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top-Secret security clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Passport
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.