EOD Triage Technician
Amentum is currently seeking an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Triage Technician in Fort Gillem, GA
May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct the deliberate process of screening and examine all Collectable
Exploitable Material (CEM) for explosive, electrical, chemical, biological, and other physical hazards, to ensure material and components are cleared for forensic processing and safe for handling by laboratory personnel prior to being released for exploitation.
- Perform X-ray diagnostic and interpretation of all (CEM) to confirm or deny the presence of explosive, electrical, chemical, biological, and other physical hazards. Positively identify initiators, explosives, power sources, firing circuits.
- Perform presumptive test of possible explosive material using explosive detection equipment.
- Use only approved procedures, as define by the Indian Head EOD Technology Division (IHEODTD), standard operating procedures, and Laboratory Test and Handling Quality Documents to perform screening, examination and clearance of CEM.
- Utilize Weapons Exploitation Analyst Tool (WEAT) for documenting case information.
- Responsible for security, accountability, storage, safe handling and issue of all explosive material, samples, and test items. IAW Department of Defense (DOD) Directives, Army Regulations, Standing Operating Procedures, and local command directives
- Responsible for receipt, prioritizing, clearing of (CEM), gathering all contextual information from case documentation, and generating the initial triage report in the WEAT database.
- Develop and maintain Triage case tracking system for casework received and processed.
- Work closely with all discipline supervisors, evidence custodian and case file managers, to ensure the 100% accountability of all CEM/ evidence received and handling IAW with all Army regulations, Test and Handling Documents Federal, and local directives.
- Works with little to no supervision while keeping lead advised of unusual situations and potential problem areas and recommends course of action and/or corrective action.
- Minimum Five (5) years of military EOD experience, including experience in the analysis and documentation of design, construction techniques and practices of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
- Graduate of US Navy School Explosive Ordnance Disposal (NAVSCOEOD).
- Experience with standard operating procedures for the storage, testing and transport of samples and components found in captured materials.
- Current knowledge of global IED device and Techniques, Tactics and Procedures (TTP) threats.
- Experience with lab level triage procedures, performing X-Rays and physical inspections of captured material to detect, identify, and render safe any initiators/explosives/power sources/firing circuits/components and booby traps.
- Demonstrated ability to produce technical reports on findings.
- Able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top-Secret security clearance Note: US citizenship is required to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top-Secret security clearance
- Must be able to obtain a passport
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.