Amentum is a multifaceted supplier specializing in providing and managing maintenance and engineering technical support services for commercial and industrial critical facilities. Employing over 44,000 people in 85 Countries, your growth and possibilities within our company are endless.
This Production Maintenance Technician position is located in Waukesha, WI. We are fast-paced, agile, customer-centric and fiercely committed problem-solvers. Our team is excited to help our customers solve today’s and tomorrow’s problems, giving confidence and reassurance that together we’ll accomplish mission success.
As an Amentum employee you can enjoy:
- Benefits beginning Day 1
- Growth opportunities
- Safe work environment
- Team focused environment
We are seeking Production Maintenance Technicians.
In this role you will be responsible for responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance in an industrial manufacturing environment on all production related industrial systems including, but not limited to pumps, motors, PLC and CNC machinery, robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and coolant systems.
Effective communication with your team and the customer is critical to understand and solve complex electrical and mechanical problems. The Production Maintenance Mechanic identifies and corrects any safety-related issues and performs independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Follows safety protocols and maintains a safe work environment.
- Maintains and troubleshoots production equipment.
- Performs quality control checks on products.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Performs preventive maintenance on production equipment.
- Operates various production machines and tools.
- Maintains accurate records of production processes and results.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five to seven years of experience performing electrical and mechanical maintenance on industrial manufacturing process / production equipment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot industrial equipment such as pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers, and other equipment as required.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check to obtain a security badge at our client's location.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift to 50 lbs., the ability to regularly climb ladders and stairs, flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, stretch, reach and move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift. Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
Work Location: In person
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.