NDI Technician Level II
Amentum, a large government contractor is seeking candidates for a new Navy/Marine Corps program to open in Beaufort, SC on the first quarter of 2024. Some key positions will be filled prior to site opening.
NON-DESTRUCTIVE INSPECTION TECHNICIAN II
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- Performs Organizational and I-Level Maintenance Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) functions for scheduled/unscheduled maintenance IAW with the CNAFINST 4790.2 series, NAVSEA S0420-AA-RAD-010, Amentum’s work directives and guides, and applicable T/M/S aircraft MIMs/Tech Pubs and TDs.
- The Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) personnel assigned will be required to maintain proficiency IAW applicable Department of Defense and Navy standards for Non-Destructive Inspections methods, which may include but are not limited to Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT), Magnetic particle Testing (MT), Eddy Current Testing (ET), Ultrasonic Testing (UT) and Radiographic Testing (RT) utilizing Navy/ DOD/commercial test standards and equipment on aeronautical and non-aeronautical equipment.
- Must meet the requirements for education, experience, eyesight, and physical dexterity to qualify for certification per the current NAS410 standard.
- Must be customer oriented.
- Must be able to travel / deploy to various locations within the United States for periods of up to 30 days.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conduct NDT Inspections–Eddy Current, Conductivity, Ultrasonic, Resonance, Dye Penetrant, Magnetic Particle and Radiography Inspections utilizing Navy/ DOD/ commercial test standards and equipment on aeronautical and non-aeronautical equipment.
- Interprets NDT results and reports them to appropriate authority.
- Must be able to pass radiation physical.
- Maintains required logs and records of work performed.
- Keeps all NDT personnel training and history records up to date.
- Ensures that all radiation badges are utilized when x-ray operations are in progress and monitors for exposure.
- Ensure that radiation badge records are annotated as necessary.
- Inspects, cleans and maintains assigned NDT equipment.
- Report any irregularities to management.
- Prepares aircraft for NDT inspections.
- Coordinates site preparation for NDT activities.
- Ensures all safety mechanisms on NDT equipment are in place and operable.
- Coordinates placement of Radiation Safety barrier monitors.
- Ensures work area is maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all safety rules and regulations are observed.
- May work with other groups or personnel to resolve problems.
- May have to assist in training in NDT methods.
- Will have experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Be capable of becoming Plane Captain certified when directed my management.
- Perform other tasks as directed by management.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Maintains and/or completes required records.
- Become CDI/CDQAR certified as directed by management to perform collateral duty inspection assignments.
- Performs daily duties normally associated with this specialty.
- Practice good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety.
- Assists in aircraft/equipment movement and flight line foreign object prevention walks.
- Comply with Hazardous Waste Program.
- Operates SE, flight line vehicles and other support equipment as required.
- Qualified to perform corrosion detection, treatment, prevention, and documentation per customer/management instructions/directions on aircraft and associated equipment.
- Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft forms and VIDS/MAF, Work Orders in NALCOMIS/OOMA.
- Will have knowledge of and understand basic supply procedures. Assist with ordering parts, tools, materials, and equipment as required.
- Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities, and job assignment.
- Keeps shop area clean and participate in daily hanger cleanups.
- Certification of all NDI personnel in PT, MT, ET, UT, and RT methods shall be in accordance with the current NAS410 standard.
- Must provide documented proof of formal NDI training hours to qualify for certification as a level 2 technician in PT, MT, ET, UT, and RT per the current NAS410 standard. If formal NDT training is a commercial course a curriculum breakdown of radiography and radiation safety is a plus.
- Must provide documented proof of experience hours logged in PT, MT, ET, UT, and RT performed that meet the minimum required hours to qualify for certification as a level 2 NDI technician per the NAS410 standard, Table I and Table II.
- Must have aircraft maintenance experience within the last two years.
- Must possess a state’s driver license.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely to prepare and present on-the-job maintenance training and technical briefings.
- Must be capable of cross-training into or assist other specialties as directed by management.
- Must be capable of becoming Plane Captain certified when directed by management IAW a government approved certification program for each TMS of aircraft.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. NOTE: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR JOB SPECIALTY OR AS DIRECTED BY MANAGEMENT
- Driver’s License
- Egress/Explosive System Checkout
- Corrosion Control
- Support Equipment Operator
- Tow Supervisor/Tow Brake Operations
- NDT Certification
- Plane Captain Certification/Final Checker
- Emergency Reclamation
- Tow Supervisor/Tow Brake Operations
- CPR Certification
- Radiation Safety Barrier monitor
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.